Monday, May 7, 2012

MVCC Gallery Show

On February 27th I gave a lecture and had a gallery show at Mohawk Valley Community College in Utica, NY. The lecture for students was about my experiences as a freelance illustrator and cartoonist in a difficult industry. I feel it went well, though I did have a few rough spots, and some of the students seemed very interested in my presentation. The meet and greet after was fun, where I talked one on one with several of the students. I think I gave them some realistic hope for pursuing a career in comics and illustration.

The gallery show ran from the 27th of February to April 5th. The pieces I displayed were all black and white illustration pieces, in various styles, of projects I am working on this year. I got very positive feedback from everyone who attended the show over the month.

All in all it was a very fun experience and I look forward to doing more lectures in the future if given the chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment